A Children's Yoga and Creative Movement Company
Jennie Abbot, FOUNDER & DIRECTOR of Harmony Kids Yoga
Jennie Abbot is a Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT 200), a Color Me Yoga Children's Yoga Teacher graduate, and a Rainbow Kids Yoga Certified Instructor. Jennie is Registered with the Canadian Yoga Alliance as an RYT200 and also Certified Children's Yoga Teacher (CYA-CYT). Jennie is also trained in Mindfulness through courses with Dr. Dan Siegel. Jennie is a faculty member of Rainbow Kids Yoga Company, Mentoring new Kids Yoga Teachers around the world. Jennie has more than 10 years experience as a children's ballet and jazz teacher (children ages 3-18 years). Jennie has also completed Yoga For The Special Needs Child course and Safe Anatomy for Children courses through Marsha Danzig, founder of Color Me Yoga. Jennie is the mother of two yoga-loving children, ages 6 and 9 years old. Miss Jennie combines her love of yoga, creative movement and working with children in an uplifting and nurturing way with all Harmony Kids Yoga students. Jennie's passion and mission is to share the calming, centering, de-stressing benefits of Yoga with children around the world, through the teachings and trainings of Harmony Kids Yoga.
"Thank you Harmony Kids Yoga for coming to lead a Workshop with the Shortreed staff. We thoroughly enjoyed our seminar and found the information very useful. I have already implemented the deep breathing exercises in my classroom and am finding it very effective in calming the students during a chaotic day. Miss Jennie is a kind, enthusiastic and knowledgeable instructor, with a wealth of practical ideas and we look forward to having her back at our school!"
Kelly McKinney, Grade 2 Teacher, Shortreed Community School, Langley, BC, Canada
Harmony Kids Yoga offers an exciting and valuable Kids Yoga Workshops for Teachers, Educators and Caregivers of children of all ages!!! Children's Yoga helps to develop essential tools such as self-regulation, strengthen the mind-body connection and introduce skills that help children to find a sense of inner-calm. These Yoga tools are gifts that can transform the lives of the children that receive them.
In this workshop Teachers will learn:
* Kid-Friendly Yoga Breathing techniques to re-direct energy, transition from one activity to the next, prepare for a test, reduce stress and anxiety and promote feelings of centeredness and calm.
* Kids Yoga Warm-up's and Poses to strengthen and stretch, increase flexibility, improve balance and coordination, prevent sports-related injuries, improve confidence and self esteem.
* Interactive Yoga Games and Group Activities designed to facilitate deeper connection with self and others, teamwork, co-operation and a supportive classroom culture
* Relaxation and Mindfulness Techniques and Tools to help children de-stress, check in with their bodies and minds, and learn to connect with their inner sense of calm.
* Workshop Length 2 hours
* Investment: $350.00
* Attendees Receive: Harmony Kids Yoga Guide for Teachers, extensive guide with exercises and applications for classroom use, Booklet of Kids Yoga Resources, information and articles, Booklet of props and tools for integrating Yoga into the Classroom.
Copyright Harmony Kids Yoga 2014. All rights reserved.